How Good Is Your Work? 97 Good? Or More Likely 89 Good? Only an ECHO™ number measures greatness in strategy, creative, and results. Even the judges’ gut feelings. It all adds up to business impact, which lasts far sustains way beyond campaign run dates. The Formula is Simple —x% strategy, y% creativeity, z% results and 10% Mojo — that extra something that takes a campaign from competent to special. Each parameter has a different weightage – upto a max score of 30, plus 10 points for Judges Mojo.
- Campaigns must employ response-oriented, measurable marketing strategies, driven by insights into target audience selection, creative communications and results achieved.All entries must have been produced, printed, published and/or aired and had response results tabulated as per below mentioned timelines-
- Submission content needs to be crisp, clear and concise and must be within the prescribed word limit as and where applicable. Entries that exceed space restrictions and those submitted without results information will automatically be disqualified.
- ECHO® Awards are judged by category. Please choose the category that most accurately describes the product or service promoted in your campaign. If you believe that your campaign belongs in more than one category, you may enter it in as many categories as appropriate.
- Each entry from your campaign requires a separate entry form and separate entry fees.
- The ECHO® Awards reserves the right to reassign entry categories that are deemed to have been entered incorrectly.
- Please PRINT and retain a copy of your entry form for your records.
- All entries are required to be approved by the advertiser/client for submission
For India + Asia Edition : The Marketing Campaigns that were live between 1st Oct 2014 and 31st March 2016 are eligible for entry.
For DMAasia/DMAmena Awards : The Marketing Campaigns that were live between 1st Oct 2014 and 31st July 2016 are eligible for entry.
- Disclosure of the agency name anywhere on the submission form/creatives/videos submitted for judging will result in automatic disqualification of the entry.
- Entries must be entered online using the online entry form. No other form or substitution will be accepted.
- Entry form once submitted cannot be altered or edited.
- Completion of the Entry Form, Submission Form, Signatures of the Campaign Authorizer, submission of the entry for judging after completing all mandatory tasks will imply full acceptance by each entrant. Non-compliance/ incomplete submissions will result in automatic disqualification of the entry.
- An entry is considered to be submitted when all of the below mentioned criteria are met
- Client authorization step has been completed
- The entry fees has been paid before the payment deadline and the respective correct explara ticket no has been mentioned on the form
- The “submit” button on the online form has been clicked upon and the online form shows the application status as submitted before the submission deadline
Ticket number has been mentioned on the form.
- The “submit” button on the online form has been clicked upon and the online form shows the
Application status as submitted before the submission deadline.
- Timely and correct submission of an entry meeting the eligibility requirements and timely payment of the entry fee as stated herein ensures that an entrant’s work will be reviewed and considered for recognition. No other representation or warranty is made by the ECHO® Awards concerning entries, and all implied warranties are hereby expressly disclaimed.
- NO physical samples shall be accepted. All works have to be submitted by way of Public URL Links.
- If an entry receives an award, the manner and details of announcing such nomination and award is strictly within the discretion of DMA CREATEFFECT Awards. Entrant understands that all awards may not be presented or publicized in the same manner and some may be presented in a ceremony and others may not at the discretion of the Awards Committee.
- In the event of a win, any duties, fees and charges accrued from the transporting of the trophy, will be covered by the recipient.
- All entries and the work submitted therein is assumed to be original and the entrant either owns the work or has permission from the owner’s approved agent to enter the work, with all rights granted therein. DMA Asia shall not be liable for any trademark or copyright infringement on the part of the entrant.
- Credits for Your Entry
This is the section where you can share the credit of your campaign with other team members who contributed to CREATEFFECT. Feel free to list members from agency as well as client side. Please be accurate – the way you list it on the form is the way it will be presented, should your entry be a winner. The credit information you list will be considered final. We do not allow removal of credits at time of win because our policy is to recognize those credited at the time of entry.
- Entry Disclosure Confirmation
By agreeing to the Entry Terms & Conditions and submitting; I certify that all the information submitted is true and that its content has been approved by the Advertiser for submission in the DMAasia CREATEFFECT Awards & the DMA International ECHO® Awards Competition. I further certify that the submission is in all respects original and does not violate the rights of any other party.
I understand that all entries will be retained by DMA and made available for public inspection. Also, my submission of the entry form constitutes my authorization to permit the DMAasia & the DMA International ECHO™ Awards to reproduce, disseminate my entry, by any means or media, and to authorize others to do so without any further obligation of any sort to me.
This includes but is not limited to displaying my entry at the Awards Ceremony and/or other public places; to include my entry in any ECHO publication; to show my entry as part of any audio and/or visual promotion of the DMA International ECHO Awards; and to make my entry available to others, alone or in conjunction with other materials, for commercial or non‐commercial purposes in the sole discretion of DMAasia.
I agree to abide by the Terms & Conditions of the DMA CREATEFFECT Awards 2016 & the DMA International ECHO™ Awards.
- Submit Proper Material — Online and Online only
- Printed Media: NO physical samples of any direct mail, print ads, catalogs, scripts/storyboards for broadcast, telemarketing scripts and other materials. You may upload samples.
- DRTV/Video/Radio: submit samples via upload of a youtube URL.
- Digital: submit via upload of a Public URL, address in appropriate area on the entry form.
- Online Video Advertisements: enter URL address in appropriate area on the entry form.
- Social Media: enter URL address in appropriate area on the entry form
Please keep a copy of your entry application. Should your campaign entry advance to the final round of judging, you may be asked to resubmit your entry and creative components mounted in a portfolio that will become property of DMAasia. Please note that the person submitting the entry form will be considered the entrant and will be advised of the competition results.
- Language Entries: All language copy must be translated into English. Clear translations must be provided for all work not in English. Broadcast entries may be dubbed or subtitled in English or include a complete written translation. Local idioms that may not be understood in the English & in the U.S. must be explained. Entries not accompanied by translations and/or explanations will not be judged. Submit translations electronically via URL or upload with official entry form.
For language support, you may contact your country’s local DMA Ambassador.
- Video clips of your entry : Entrants have the opportunity to supplement the online entry form with a video showcasing how you brought your idea to life. This video should summarize the challenge, strategy, objectives, execution and outcome of your entry. This clip will be viewed by the judges during the judging sessions. If your entry is a winner, the clip will also be used at the Awards Gala, at the Awards Gallery during the DMA Annual Conference, on the Awards website, and for media and educational purposes. Please indicate when you enter your submission if there are reasons, such as music licensing, that restrict your video showcase from being shown at or after the Gala.
- Your video showcase should be no longer than 3 minutes. This explanatory clip must be concise and should contain key visuals — video, still images or any other relevant footage — along with simple, clear commentary in English summarizing your entry. Please name this video clip as “Campaign Title – 2016 Entry Video Showcase” and upload on your entry form.
- 3-minute video to be provided in the widescreen (16:9) aspect ratio, at the minimum of 853px x 480px.
- The format should be an .h264 QuickTime movie. A larger HD720p or HD1080p file may also be Provided.
- The size of the file allowed by the entry portal should be no larger than 50 MB.
- If the size of the file exceeds what is allowed by the entry portal, you may provide the above on a DVD or USB drive. An alternative smaller file may then be made for upload and judging.
You are not required to submit a video showcase – this is purely optional. The video clip should not be in place of any of the required creative work to be submitted with your entry.
- Creatives : The accepted file formats for the creatives are as follows : JPEG,PNG,BMP,ZIP and RAR.